The Spartan Vacuum Erection Device (VED) is a premium-quality, medical grade penis pump used to compel an erection in men with erectile dysfunction (ED), to help with erection rehabilitation and to improve poor circulation in the penis. It can also be helpful before and after penile implant surgery by optimizing surgical results.
Using the Spartan VED properly takes a bit of practice. This step-by-step guide helps make learning how to use it as easy as possible.
Likewise, we will point out some important precautions to help you use the product safely.
• If using a VED post-prostate surgery, do note use constriction rings until 2.5 months after surgery.
• You can maintain suction without rings, by holding the tube over your penis after the erection is obtained.
• Start this therapy 4-5 weeks following prostate surgery and continue for the next 8 months.
• Try using at least 3 times weekly and hold the erection for 8-10 minutes each use.
• Remove pubic hair from the base of the penis (where the shaft of the penis meets the body.)
• For your first use, select the “B” size constriction ring. (The rings come in A, B and C sizes. A is the smallest, C is the largest.)
• After first use, select the “C” ring if “B” was too tight, or the “A” ring if erection was lost prematurely during your first use.
We are here to help you every step of the way! If you need help with the Viberect Male Stimulation Device, please send us an email and we we will respond in less than 24 hours.
• If you are taking large quantities of blood thinners or aspirin, if you have Sickle Cell Trait, Sickle Cell Disease, prolonged erections or other diseases associated with changes in blood clotting, do not use a VED until consulting a doctor.
• Vacuum therapy should never be painful or cause decreased sensation. Discontinue use or release air pressure immediately if any pain occurs.
• Vacuum therapy may cause bruising, cause blood vessels to break right below the surface of the skin and cause small reddish spots below the skin known as petechia. This reaction is common, but if severe, discontinue use and contact your doctor.
• Removal of constriction rings may be difficult for men with decreased hand strength.
• Use plenty of water-based lubricant to carefully remove constriction rings.
• Constriction rings should not be worn more than 30 minutes.
• Vacuum therapy should not be used while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• Consult a doctor or urologist if you are displaying erectile dysfunction signs to ensure your symptoms are not a cause of a more serious condition.